Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

Books I'm Reading

I occasionally get asked for the name of books that I am currently reading and enjoying. Below I’ve listed a recent favorite.

Coping With Weapons and Violence In Schools and On Your Streets, by Maryann Miller

The book was a New York Library Best Book For Teens. Timely, relevant and a great eye-opener.

I finished it a month or so ago, but I still recall fondly the fun of reading Legends of the Serai. J. C. Hall is the author and she is as skilled a wordsmith as they come.

Legends of the Serai stole hours of sleep from me. At the heart of this fantasy is a haunting exploration of the transfiguring power of love--a subject that, for all of its universal nature, requires a delicate touch to make bloom. J.C. Hall has that touch! She has another fantasy trilogy coming out soon, the first book will be Lady of the Lake.

Posted by Cheryl Swanson, Death Game

No comments: